Persepolis is an multi-platform/open-source alternative to Internet Download Manager which provides much of the features of IDM for free. It has updated to version 3.2.0 with new video download features, new design/icons and translations to new languages. The highlight of the update is the ability to download videos in either video or audio only formats. This is achieved by the youtube-dl project included with Persepolis download manager.
Persepolis Download Manager is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems. The open-source project is hosted at Github.
Here’s the rundown of the update:
- Persepolis video finder is improved. Download videos from You Tube with high quality.
- Select audio and video format or audio and video quality separately. Persepolis will download selected video and audio separately and mix it for you
- Arabic, Dutch (Netherlands), Hungarian, Polish (Poland), Portuguese (Brazil) and Spanish (Spain) (es_ES) language support.
- Lighter than before and It’s more friendlier with your hard disk than before.
- Minimize Persepolis to system tray with closing main window. check out this issue for more information. You can disable this feature from preferences window.
- Persepolis will be opened automatically when you open browser. It’s help to add your download faster. You can disable this feature from preferences window.
- New themes are added. You can select “Dark Fusion” and “Light Fusion”.
- Downloaded file will shown highlighted in your file manager. This feature works in MS Windows and Mac and Some modern look DE(KDE Plasma, Gnome, …) in Linux and BSD.
- Transfer downloaded files after downloading to another destination folder. Just select your download items and right click on them and select “Move selected download file to another folder” from menu
- Bug fixes and optimizations
Read more about the release at: https://github.com/persepolisdm/persepolis/releases/tag/3.2.0