Police clearance report or certification is a document that the government provides an individual to show that they have a no criminal record. For employers, it shows that they are recruiting people of integrity and reduces the chances of criminal behavior. This document is an integral step in approval for foreign employment in Nepal.
Before we get started, you need to understand two things. There is a Police Clearance Report and Police Clearance Report Attestation. You can get the police clearance report online through the Nepal Police website. The police report is free to request, if you have your photo and required documents. If the document from Nepal Police has a QR Code, then you don’t need to verify the police clearance certificate from the Consular office. For foreign employment, the report you get is a valid official document which you can print as needed.
However, if your employer requires additional validation by a governmental body, you can request attestation through the Nepali Department Of Consular Services.
The government of Nepal has simplified this process by allowing its citizens to apply for police clearance report online. Citizens also can print it themselves as a valid police clearance document. Prior to the online police report system, getting a police report was a time-consuming and tedious process that involved visiting the police and then the consular department.
Requirements for online police report document request
There’s quite of bit of requirment to make sure you don’t mess up your application report. One of those that people overlook is the photo requirement. This is why specific requirements are mentioned on the website before you submit your form.
If you do not understand the details listed above, it says you need a passport-size photo with 4.5cm height and 3.5 cm width. Your photo must cover over 50% of the image with both ears visible. A photo studio should be able to give you these dimensions required by the office.
Documents Required For Nepali Applicant
- User Image (Recent passport-size photo)
- Minor Certificate is required if the applicant is below 16 years.
- Citizenship Certificate is required if the applicant is above 16 years.
- A Marriage Certificate is required if the applicant wants to register along with spouse’s name.
- An Address Verification Document (Basai Sarai) is required if the applicant has moved to his residence recently.
- A Passport Document is required if the applicant is applying for a Visa Purpose.
- Departure Document is required if the applicant is living in a foreign country.
Documents Required For Foreigner Applicant
- User Image (Recent passport-size photo)
- Departure Document is required if the applicant is living in a foreign country,.
- If the applicant was Nepali previously and is below 16 years, Minor Certificate is required, else Citizenship Certificate is required.
- The Nepali Passport Document is required if the applicant was Nepali previously.
- If the applicant is Indian, the Verification Identity or Passport Document is required along with the Nepal Embassy Registration Card and Stay Nepal Document.
- Current Passport Document.
- The First Visa Document is required if the applicant is not Indian.
- The Last/Current Visa Document is required if the applicant is not Indian.
Steps to get your online report
There are five steps you need to follow to get your police clearance certificate. With the documents listed above fill in the form accurately. The fourth step ask you to self verify you have a clean criminal record. They will check your background to be certain, I guess, they want to test your memory and integrity. You wouldn’t forget going to jail, would you?
To retrieve your online police report, follow these steps.
1. Visit https://opcr.nepalpolice.gov.np
2. Register an account with your email and phone number
3. You get a temporary password on your email for the first login
4. Change your temporary password to a secure one
5. Login with the new password
6. Fill up your details accurately as it appears on your citizenship
7. Self declare your criminal history if you have any, then submit the online form for review
Check back in the user dashboard to check the status of your application. The police clearance certificate is valid for a year.
Requirements for Consular General Police Clearance Certificate Attestation
If you need certificate validation from the Consular office, you can request one for a fee of NRs. 500. You can do this online with the consular department’s website. Again, as per the Consular office, you do not need the attestation if your employer doesn’t ask for it.
To get the police clearance report verified from the consular website, you must have:
- A mobile phone number for notifications
- Necessary documents (Police Clearance Certificate, Citizenship)
- Pay online with ConnectIPS Mobile wallet or offline with Global IME Bank.
Steps to get the Police clearance certification
- Visit https://att.nepalconsular.gov.np
- Follow the steps to submit your document for validation.
- Wait for confirmation on when your application review completes and gets a confirmed status.
- After the approval of your application, you will get an SMS notification with a unique reference number and payment details.
- Pay the amount and confirm it here: https://att.nepalconsular.gov.np/payments
- After payment through ConnectIPS or Global IME Bank, keep the receipt. You need two copies of the receipt, if you made the through ConnectIPS.
- Go to the consular department with the color print of the Police clearance report and the payment receipt to receive the stamp of approval.
That’s it, you can now get both Police Clearance Report and the attestation with the steps outlined above. If you wish to correct any information or update the steps, let us know. We will update the requirements accordingly.