If you are having problems with lots of files being stored in your recent documents and want to clean them up real quick without the use of any other utility softwares. This is a safe thing to do if you don’t want if you are using someone else’s computer or on public computer and want to keep others from knowing what files and you opened.You can do with easily with following simple steps.
In Windows XP.
- Go to “Run” from your Start menu.
- Type in “recent” in the run window.
- A new “Recent” documents folder will pop up with all the shortcuts of recent files and folder you’ve opened.
- You can delete them all safely(the folder only stores shortcuts).
In Windows 7
- Press start menu from taskbar.
- Search for “recent” or type “recent” and press “Enter“.
- When you find Recent documents. Open the recent documents folder.
- And you can delete all of them safely.
This is it. You’ve successfully deleted the contents of your recent documents.