Onecosmic and their team at ICSSGS have just released their updated to Samsung Galaxy S ICS ROM RC4 to the public. This release brings many bug fixes and feature updates to the ROM. The Samsung Galaxy S ICS RC4 is available for download on their Google Code Page. The RC4 ROM is available for all of the Samsung Galaxy S variants like Captivate and Vibrant.
It has been a week since the previous release but the team has packed up a huge feature list and bug fixes which makes it worth the wait.
Here is the changelog from PaulForde from XDA-Developers forum:
- Changed RIL code to CM one, cleaner code implementation
- Whole new updater script which should prevent any issues when flashing thanks to DemonWav!
- In browser, ‘Exit to car mode’ now says ‘Find on Page’
- Deep idle working with framework integration
- 100MHz now works
- You can now purchase applications from the Android Market
- In camera, all video effects work flawlessly
- Editing pictures in Gallery works now
- Screen flicker upon lock is now gone
- Odexed optimization
- Battery Life eXtender
- Slightly tweaked read ahead values
- Sztupy’s USB OTG V5
- WiFi fix for those with issues with WiFi not working with screen off
- Unstable voltages fixed
- Facebook sync works now
- WiFi fix manager included(fixes regional WiFi issues in ICS)
- USB Transfer Speed fixed
- Back to AOSP Music
Here are the direct download links to Samsung Galaxy S and its variants. These ROM packagers are easily flashable from your ClockWorkMod Recovery options.
Samsung Galaxy S i9000
SHA1 Checksum: 7fb7577774936110142b75880dbd4cf16bbb0a45
Samsung Galaxy S i9000B
SHA1 Checksum: 07e121263fe2c2332c03399d5103168f32ee18a5
Samsung Galaxy S Captivate
SHA1 Checksum: ec619e76b4846cb3ffa84dc54f161c1d1a01b774
Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant
SHA1 Checksum: 43b81983b5df2081d0ba1d0e91ff9976f7771d9d
So if you have been waiting for Ice Cream Sandwich on your Samsung Galaxy S or its variants or have been using Onecosmics releases before, you have to try this ROM out.
Tell us what you think in the comments.