Windows 8 team have just released a Windows 8 Consumer Preview download for users to test out Windows 8. Windows 8 brings you a whole new windows experience with Windows Metro Interface which will run on touch powered tablets to laptops and desktop computers. And remember as this is not a final release, you might want to think if you really want to install this on your PC or laptop.
You will get a Windows 8 Consumer Preview setup file from the official site which will check if requirements of your current PC or laptop is good enough to run Windows 8. You will need Windows 7 running to run the file. It won’t run on a older version of Windows like Windows XP.
Here are the requirements you need to run Windows 8 Consumer Preview.
- 1 GHz or faster processor
- 1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
- 1024 x 768 minimum screen resolution
You can view more information about this from the Windows 8 Team blog:
The Windows 8 Consumer Preview download is located here: