Advertisement

Saving the King Kindle Edition is briefly free

(Read 2976 times)

Skyla157

• Global Moderator
Saving the King Kindle Edition is briefly free
« on: Aug 13, 2016, 08:22 PM »

Elvis Presley saves a young boy from a menacing stranger after a performance in 1956, setting up a chain of events that ultimately leads to a mystical encounter with an angel who sends Elvis on a journey that changes his destiny. The young boy grows up into a rich and powerful man who forces Elvis to confront the demons of his addictions. There are many threads to this story, such as the involvement of Johnny Cash to help orchestrate the plan while a down-and-out reporter investigates the mystery of Elvis' death, getting too close to the truth. As the tale unfolds, the reader will be pulled back to the days when the King of Rock 'n' Roll held court from his throne.

As a child I grew up listening to Elvis through my father's 45's. Since then I have been an Elvis fan, so I was naturally very excited to come across this story. This brought up many memories during that time in my life. From the beginning of the book all the way through the end I honestly had a hard time putting it down. I actually read the book in one day.

The storyline was told in an interesting format, what could have happened, and how Elvis may have been saved. It starts with Elvis saving someone in his lifetime, and then the favor is returned. Throughout the whole story you are pulling for him and all the characters in the story. This is a feel good book, but also has you wondering the whole time what will be next. I enjoyed learning more about this time, Elvis, and the actual journey Elvis and his family went through. With the help of the wonderful characters in the book, they must help Elvis to overcome his addictions, even faking his death. He must realize what is important in his life, and to overcome the sadness of losing his mother.

In the ending of this story there is a surprise twist. Honestly I shed a few tears with this story. I highly recommend 'Saving the King', even if you are not a big Elvis fan , everyone can benefit from reading this story.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K5J37EW/?tag=amzint-20#nav-subnav

Rose

• Global Moderator
Re: Saving the King Kindle Edition is briefly free
« Reply #1 on: Aug 18, 2016, 06:45 PM »
This is great. Looks interesting…

Thanks!!