Advertisement

Touchfolio : Touch-optimized free responsive portfolio WordPress theme

(Read 6754 times)

Rose

• Global Moderator
“Touchfolio” is simple theme created with focus on content and providing great user experience on majority of desktop and mobile devices. For photographers, designers, architects and artists. It works on desktop as well as mobile browsers like iOS and Android.

Click to view large image

General Features

Responsive layout down to mobile.
    Skinning system based on LESS CSS (similar to variables in Twitter Bootstrap). Controls photoshop file included.
    Two types of portfolio - gallery with list in menu and masonry gallery.
    Multiple gallery pages allowed, grouped by category. For example, you can add to menu two pages — "Web" and "Print" with custom list of projects in each.

Gallery

Super fast native-style touch navigation for supported devices. Swipe left and right to view project images. Swipe up and down to browse projects (powered by RoyalSlider engine). Alternatively, use keyboard or mouse wheel on desktop.
    YouTube and Vimeo video support.
    Three types of image scale types — fit to screen if image is larger, fill the screen and no scale (may be different for each album).
    Custom album background color or pattern (may be different for each album).
    Automatically preloads nearby images after current is loaded.
    Unlimited number of galleries and photos per album, within reason, of course.
    Simple and fast gallery management — upload, reorder, remove images.
    SEO optimized, images are indexed by search engines

Blog & Pages

Nothing special, all default elements, like headings, blockquotes, lists, images, captions are styled.
    Threaded comments support, HTML5 inputs in reply form.

Advanced (mostly for devs)

Browser support: modern browsers, IE7+. Mobile: iOS, Android 2.2+, Opera Mobile (haven't tested in all versions), Windows Phone 7+, Blackberry OS and even black and white Kindle Keyboard.
    Hardware-accelerated CSS3 transitions with fallback (supports Firefox 10+ 3d transform). Auto disables on Google Chrome, because of stupid font-rendering.
    Does not block zoom gesture on mobile devices.
    Built with LESS CSS, processed and cached by wp-less.
    Gallery API - documented public methods, callbacks, properties. Gallery can be resized and placed anywhere you want.
    Gallery keeps only 5 images in browser at once time to save memory on weak mobile devices.
    CSS files are merged, all controls are loaded using one sprite to minify http requests.
    Works great with WP super cache.
    Fully translatable and localizable, .po file included.

License

There are simple rules:

Touchfolio is free to use for personal and commercial projects.
    You can NOT redistribute Touchfolio theme or parts from it anywhere else.
    You can NOT use javascript gallery from this theme in another project, it can be used only with Touchfolio theme.
    Attribution is not required, but much appreciated and keeps project alive.

Download:
http://dimsemenov.com/themes/touchfolio/download.html

maxie11

Unbelievable!! A single theme that comes packed with tons of features! That’s very good!
Actually I am a professional photographer and have done lots of photo shoots of models and actresses as well. Now I am wondering to host my own portfolio website and it can be a best fit for that purpose. Last time when I visited a website called dailynulled.com which is totally filled with number of premium responsive features and was quite pleased to see their astonishing features. So please do showcase themes like the website that I have mentioned.

Advertisement

Best Affiliate Program