VLC media player is more than just a VLC media player, it can help you download Youtube videos, convert Video/Audio, update your podcast subscription and also record your desktop or webcam. The video quality is good enough for a someone that’s starting to make tutorial videos. The video may need to be edited on some other video editor after it’s saved. This makes VLC a convenient tool for simple audio/video tasks. And it’s already proved itself as a great media player with support to so many media codecs as well.
To accomplish screen capture in VLC media. Follow the steps below:
- Under Media, click “Open Capture Device.”
- Click the “Capture Mode” dropdown and select “Desktop.”
- Modify the frame rate according to your need. Recording faster movements need higher frame rates.
- Click the dropdown arrow next to “Play” and select “Convert.”
- In the “Profile” dropdown, choose MP4.
- At this step, you can click the tool icon to modify the settings of this profile. Here you can modify things like resolution or bitrate. We’ll use the default settings for now, but you can come back here later if you need to tweak the final product.
- In the Destination box, choose a location to place the finished file.
- Click Start.
And that’s it, you’ve just recorded a video for your presentation, or tutorial that you can post on YouTube or other site. This could be a start for an awesome online tutoring career. If you have any questions or comments, post them on the comments.