Flipboard, the popular mobile social magazine app is now available for download on the Google Play Store. Its now out of the beta testing and is now available for public use. Flipboard announced this today by sending out emails to all the beta testers. The release is currently optimized for mobile phones and not tablets so tablets user might feel left out with this.
Here are some of the listed feature of Flipboard for Android:
- Be amazed by what you see when everything people are sharing, collecting and publishing in every moment comes together in a single place.
- Search for anything—people, topics, hashtags, blogs, your favorite sites—and flip through articles, updates, photos and videos in a beautiful magazine format.
- Connect Flipboard to 12 social networks, streamlining your reading and activities like commenting, liking and sharing. Services include Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+, YouTube, Google Reader, LinkedIn, Flickr, 500px, Sina Weibo and Renren.
- Get a quick dose of what’s happening now, in Cover Stories, a constantly updated selection of articles, photos and videos shared by your friends.
- Save anything to read later using Instapaper, Pocket and Readability.
- Create a Flipboard account to access your favorite content and social networks on different or shared devices.
- Enjoy Flipboard in 14 localized editions—for Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Korea, Netherlands, Spain, Taiwan, U.S. and U.K.
- Explore hundreds of staff picks in the Content Guide, including must-read magazines and blogs, gorgeous photography and special curated sections devoted to the news of the day and other topics of interest.
- Access Flipboard quickly through the widget.