Box is a online cloud file hosting service which provides free space for users for their media or files. The regular space that a user gets through registration on the site is 5 GB. But if you have Android device then you’re eligible for 50 GB of free space with Box for Android App. This was added on a recent update of Box, previously this offer was only available for LG and Sony Android devices. The file upload limit has also been raised from 25MB to 100MB for the special promotion.
To get 50 GB for Free on your Box Account, just login to your account on your Android device or create a new account on your Android Phone. Then you’ll have updated your account space to 50 GB which otherwise would have just been 5 GB. You can confirm this by going to the settings page of this app to see the current space usage and limit.
The new update also brings multiple file uploads which was one of the most requested feature from users. Also Box for Android brings new collaboration features that lets users and co-workers chat and share comments on a file to increase productivity.
Here are current eligible Box 50 GB Promotion eligible devices:
- Android phones and tablets: Now through 11:59PM on 3/23/12, log into Box for Android on your phone or tablet to get your upgrade automatically.
- LG Android phones and tablets: Now through 6/30/12, download Box for Android on your device and sign in to get your upgrade automatically.
- Sony Tablet S and Tablet P: Now through 12/31/12, download Box for Android on your tablet and sign in to get your upgrade automatically.
- HP TouchPad: Now through 12/31/12, download Box for TouchPad on your tablet and sign in to get your upgrade automatically.
- RIM PlayBook: Now through 12/31/12, download Box for PlayBook on your tablet and sign in to get your upgrade automatically.
- Sony Ericsson Xperia phones: Now through 12/31/12, download Box for Android on your smartphone and log in to get your upgrade automatically.
We recommend you grab this opportunity and get yourself and your friends, family and co-workers to signup to box for the 50 GB promotion. And as far as we know you can log out and create a new account, and the new account will also be updated to 50 GB Promotion account.
Tell us what you think in the comments.